UT-SUMR 2014 Program Application
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
UT Southwestern Undergraduate Medical Research (UT-SUMR)
A limited number of positions are available to support highly qualified undergraduates with a strong interest in biomedical research (but before applying to medical school) through the UT Southwestern Undergraduate Medical Research Fellows Program (UT-SUMR Fellows Program).
To qualify for this program, students must
1. Be Texas residents.
2. Have a strong interest in research
3. Have no plans to pursue graduate education (i.e. not planning to obtain a Ph. D. degree). If you are an undergraduate student and are only interested in obtaining the Ph.D. degree or if you intend to apply to M.D., Ph.D. programs, you should be applying to the SURF program instead.
4. Be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate institution.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. This online application
2. Transcripts from the undergraduate school listed on the application. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
3. Two letters of reference from mentors, science or math teachers, advisors or employers. Letters should discuss the applicant’s scientific and intellectual abilities, previous training and experience and potential career in research.
The deadline for application receipt is March 1st, 2014.
Official transcripts from each undergraduate institution attended, and two letters of reference from research mentors, science or mathematics teachers, advisers or employers are required.
Transcripts and letters should be mailed to the address listed below and received by March 1st, 2014.
UT-SUMR Fellowship Program
Associate Dean for Medical Student Research
Attn: Amanda Arista
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390
Please use the full address to prevent misrouting of application materials.
Questions regarding receipt of UT-SUMR materials may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.